Winery Erdut

Rating
Slavonija

Erdut vineyards are located along the Danube River, forming a peninsula.

It is the largest plantation vineyard in the Republic of Croatia with an area of 490 hectares. It has a mild southerly inclination at a height between 130 and 190 metres above sea level, making ideal condition for planting vines. All this is due to the number of sunshine hours, soil, tradition and love for vine growing.

The entire wine country is dominated by white varieties, which make up 75% of the area. Welschriesling is the most frequent variety, but they also have Chardonnay, Pinot gris, Rheinriesling and Gewürztraminer. The remaining 25% are red varieties; namely, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Blaufränkisch, Pinot noir and Zweigelt.

The winery’s capacity is large. They farm 513 hectars of vineyards and produce three wine categories: premium, selected and the classical series. When it comes to the premium category, we should definitely single out the Traminer aromatico, a superior quality wine. The wine is made by processing frozen grapes harvested when the temperature does not exceed -7 °C for several days.

The cellar is located right next to the vineyard, which is ideal for quick grape processing. The overhead part of the cellar houses stainless steel barrels/tanks with a five and ten carriage capacity. The barrels/tanks are used for wine aging and fermentation. The subterranean part of the cellar hold wooden oak barrels with a capacity of 10,000 litres.

Erdut vineyards have the world’s largest wine barrel in use with a 75,000 litres capacity. It was constructed in 1995 using a total of 109 oak trees that took ten years to dry, as well as 2.5 tonnes of iron.

Erdut vineyards give you an unforgettable view of the Danube, while the sun and the sky touch the soil. The winery is tourism-oriented so they’ve done a great deal to cater to everybody’s needs. They offer team buildings, congresses, weddings, tours for elementary and secondary schools with educational path tours, as well as tastings organised in the wine cellar next to the Big Barrel or in wine halls.

Erdut vineyards employ five certified sommeliers guided by the head oenologist Melita Rumbak who will help you step into the world of our wines.

-- Your Gourmet 365

Contact number 031/596-555; 031/596-546

Web www.erdutski-vinogradi.hr

E-mail info@erdutski-vinogradi.hr

Working hours: Contact the winery

Region Slavonia

Address Trg Branka Hercega 1, 31206 Erdut, Hrvatska

Description:

Erdut vineyards offer a sightseeing tour in an old horse-drawn carriage from the plantations to the best beautiful promontories where you can enjoy the view of the Danube. You will be driven through Erdut as a count and countess from the beginning of the last century. As such, you’ll be welcomed by corresponding music and selected wines. Castle Adamovich Cseh, which was built in the early 19th century, is located on the estate and it is a protected cultural monument.
Comments